Evil Lucifera - English interview







1) First of all, I thank the Pest Urnaa that made me your name! Presented to our readers!

First, it seems only right to salute him and thank him too!
And of course, thank you for this wonderful opportunity.
Hello, we are the Evil Lucifera, the band is named after me, initially the project was individual, now there's me on vocals, Alexey Soloviev guitar-keyboards, and drum machines, and Giuseppe Lavagna on bass and guitar.



2) A nice nickname, Evil Lucifera! I suppose reflects your religious beliefs?

Absolutely, reflects my religious convictions, my way of being and thinking, my deepest self.



3) On YouTube I read that someone has already defined you the Queen of the Black Italian... and I must say that reading it makes me really happy!
I'd say it's from Cadaveria's story that Italy did not offer, in the extreme metal-scene, a girl!


It pleased me too, I hope I can go on and on time and to be able to leave my personal stamp on the extreme scene.


4) You can speak about your musical career? First Steps, demo, debut CD ... everything there is to know about Evil Lucifera and her concept!

Evil Lucifera was founded in 2009, previously I had experiences in other bands, we did some demos, the first in 2001 with a band temporarily called Memnoch, but we disbanded shortly. later in 2004 in collaboration with a guitarist, we did a few songs that we then resumed in 2008 with the band Seducent Evil,
in which I played for a short time, the same time I also worked on another project, Svart Himmel, we were only two, we made very few songs and then we have undertaken
other paths. I also made a guest for the band from New Zealand "Beltane" in the songs "Don't Ask" and "Blood and Lust", then I did a guest on a song by Alexey Soloviev, "The Viy", and from there came our collaboration and he joined the band, then joined Giuseppe too.
The first cd "Atrium Infernalis" came out with a Mexican label, the Mazakuata Records, in 2012.
We are currently working on the second album, we finally almost finished, we immediately a delay because the previous guitarist, Dean Mills, had to abandon the project due to personal problems, but now we are finally at a good point.




5) For those who do not already listened to your music, let's say that you compose a symphonic Black Metal with some atmospheric parts. You brought me to mind the first and the early Dimmu Borgir and Limbonic Art, at times. What do you think?

Yes, exactly, we compose a symphonic black metal, yet aggressive. In fact you have named two of my three favorite bands ever, the early work of Dimmu Borgir and Limbonic Art are wonderful, in my opinion then "In Abhorrence Dementia" is a masterpiece.
But I hope in the future to be able to pull the band's style a little more to Anorexia Nervosa, band that I love, and I'm so sorry that they've stopped.



6) Recently, girls have excelled in the extreme scene, Black and Death. Just to name a few: janaza, Dana Duffey, Sirannon, Gallhammer, Ilkim Oulanem, Infernal Kingdom, Black Palace, Khaotic, Luxuria de Lilith, Valhalla, Arch Enemy, (and Rachel of Sinister, who then left the band) Nephyla, perverse Suffering, and the primordial the Great Kat, Astarte, Cadaveria! In short, it would seem that it's over the primacy of the males in Black Metal... I remember that until the mid-90s Black Metal was a scene with a few girls, a few of them sang in Screm or growls ...

Mmm, I would say that Dana Duffey with his Demonic Christ is absolutely the primordial, one who has been an inspiration to many of us, although I must admit I started listening to black metal with male bands, something quite normal seen that years ago were almost the totality of the scene, and still even if the female scene has improved, we are definitely in undermanned.
Indeed years ago a woman singing in scream or growl was definitely
rare, and I have had much more of an occasion when I lost my temper against some musicians with attitudes really not "sympathetic".
I also tried to form a girl band, but obviously here in Italy it was too early to groped to take this path,
and in the end I gave up and I opted to blend in male groups,
and now I'm satisfied, the guys with I play now are wonderful fellows music and good friends.



7) Black Metal, the anti-Christian music par excellence. I also deal with theology, especially the monotheistic worship of the god father/male god christ, has led to a fierce misogyny against women (I think a some misogynist like St. Thomas Aquinas, Sprenger and Kramer, Agustine, all people who pontificated triple female inferiority ...)
You see Black Metal how an anti-Christianity, and more generally, a philosophy of life? See Black Metal as a form of liberation from the misogyny brought by patriarchal monotheistic religions? Moreover, it is a fact that the rights to the women were promoted by non-Christians, and the religious where women are really respected, as priestesses, are only the Paganism and Satanism. What do you think about?


I state that I love the black metal as a genre regardless the issues it deals with, surely its battles have immediately fascinated me, being mine too.
The philosophy of blak metal's life, and mine, is to go on and on their own way, with their own beliefs, never change your mind by virtue of what thinks the mass, always be yourself and think
for themselves. And if something does not go well, shout with all forces. The black metal is a profound liberation from stupidity of various monotheistic religions, aimed only to put stupid rules based on nothing, an invention of men with a specific purpose, subjugating women, the minds of fools, and create caste.
I agree with you, just in paganism and Satanism are entitled to the rights of women, and the female has the respect it deserves, not as religions sexist that relegate women to be less than the woman, which depends on the man, and is subject to man. But I think many women must start to rebel more, long as they remain linked to certain types of religions, the road will be still too long and arduous, we can and must do more to free humanity by invisible chains that have been created by false prophets.



8) I saw a picture of you, and you are like Lilith! I like a lot she as archetype. Do you see Lilith as a metaphor for the freedom of women, after centuries of repression? More generally, you can leave us some advice literature, what you like to read, whether inherent in the esoteric world?

Undoubtedly, Lilith is female freedom, rebellion and rejection to subjugate not only under the man but also under the stereotypes imposed by society. My favorite reading was the Compendium Daemonii, then I would recommending it.




9) Have you already played live? Can you tell us something?

Unfortunately you have touched a sore point, we are not yet able to do live, although often is happened to receive requests on fb in this regard, however, until we can find a drummer and a keyboard player for live, it is pratically impossible to organize. In this regard, I take advantage of your space to ask drummers and keyboardists, in Italy, preferably in northern Italy, contact me if you are interested in joining the band.


10) Upcoming projects or ideas in your head? Can you tell us something?

As soon will be released the second album we will start working immediately on new material, in the meantime we will try to promote Lux In Tenebris - Divide Et Impera, but we will not stand still, we prefer start working on new ideas.


11) Wishing to make you know more famous abroad (so we will be remembered also for Evil Lucifera and not always just for "the country of Cristina Scabbia ..." !!!), I salute you and I thank you! Conclude as you like our interview!

Thanks for the nice wishes! Certainly it is not easy, as you know, beyond being a woman, to be known to those levels is definitely necessary to propose a style of music certainly more commercial compared to black metal, and of course I have no intention to get off to any type of compromise, it's ok in this way, what comes is well accepted, obviously without giving up my identity. I salute you and I thank you for the time and space that you gave me, and I thank those who will read the interview, hails to all! \m/









Nessun commento:

Posta un commento